Overcome Procrastination and Achieve Your Goals for 2023
At Supermums we champion the “Ambitious Women Mindset” and setting goals is the No 1 factor of setting intentions, fostering motivation and overcoming procrastination. We advocate coaching tools and techniques to help you achieve your potential and within this article we have included a FREE downloadable resource with three coaching tools to get you started.
Included in our FREE Ambitious Women Mindset Goal Setting Planner are three coaching tools to take aways plus more details about the four stages of goal setting:
The 4 Stages of Goal Setting
1 – Getting Clarity
Get clear on what is missing from your life, what is painful and what would make you happier starting with the big goal and then chunking it into smaller goals. Consider everything from life, work, health, relationships, kids, partner, money and more.
2 – Getting Focused
Write down your intentions, plan your time and make a commitment to achieving these goals. Write the list but then schedule all of the tasks in your diary. If it’s not in the diary then it won’t get done.
3 – Overcoming Blockers
Identify potential self-sabotaging habits, overcome the inner critic and instil new habits. Learn how to take control your brain rather than it control you. Invest in an accountability partner like a coach, if you can’t be accountable to yourself. Be aware of what is letting you down and take action to solve the problem.
4 – Celebrating Success
Check off and celebrate the achievement of every small goal you achieve to release endorphins in your body that then motivate you to achieve the next goal. Think about how you can celebrate your successes upfront when setting your goals so you have something to look forward too. It could be as simple as sharing the news with your team, to buying yourself something new.
Using the Ambitious Women Mindset model, let’s reflect on the following areas in your life:
Goals – Without a destination and a map you can find yourself lost. Get clear on where you want to go.
- Are you finding yourself lost, left behind, not performing, struggling with motivation, or lacking confidence in your achievements?
- Do you need to get clearer on your destination and tangible goals to know what route to take?
→ Set yourself daily – weekly – monthly goals.
→ Complete weekly reflection to start to feel a sense of accomplishment.
Energy – You won’t bounce back if you don’t have a spring in your step. Plug into positivity.
- How is your energy level on a scale of 1-10 these days? 0 being nothing to 10 being fully energised.
- Ideally you want to retain a positive energy level of 7-10 in normal everyday circumstances so when things hit the fan you can bounce back relatively easy.
→ Discover what gives you energy.
→ Allocate and spend time recharging your energy regularly.
Boundaries – Blink and you have missed it! Create new habits today to manage your time.
- Do you feel overwhelmed and struggle with time management?
- Do you struggle to say no to things?
- Do you know what you’re boundaries are?
→ Create and stick to your boundaries (e.g. calendar).
→ Say no to things or cancel things that aren’t a priority.
→ Make time for the things that energise you.
Confidence – If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will! Find your super power.
- How bad is your inner critic?
- Do you have circumstances around you that reduce your confidence?
- Do you live in a growth or fixed mindset?
→ Celebrate your strengths and achievements.
→ Spend time learning to improve on things.
Relationships – Struggling with life and work? Build your support network.
- Are you finding there aren’t enough hours in the day?
- Do you put off doing things or do things that make you unhappy?
- Do you need to move away from negative relationships that no longer serve you?
→ Can you form a team around you to complement your skills?
→ Can you build new relationships to delegate tasks?
→ Can you learn from an expert to build confidence?
Impact – Do you sit in the shadows or do you step up and make a difference?
- Do you live out your best life to make the difference you want to make in the world that gives you a sense of satisfaction?
- What does impact mean to you?
- Is it about family, friends, customers, colleagues, a world issue?
→ Get clear on what making an impact feels and look like to you?
→ Get clear on what achieving an outcome feels and looks like?
Download your Ambitious Women Goal Setting Planner here:
If you need support putting this into action then talk to us about our one to one coaching services or join our Ambitious Women Mastermind programme starting in March 2023 with a group of other women like you.
Subscribe To Our Weekly Top Tip Bulletin
Get Updates And Learn From The Best