We have a problem to solve together
During October, Supermums is on a mission to mobilise a global community to help women get back on track across the world, financially, economically and emotionally. During the pandemic women have been disportionally effected by job losses and increasing pressure within relationships which has increased the divorce rate and the need for financial independence.
We are running an awareness campaign to help shine a light on the career opportunities that exist for women (and beyond) that can give them flexible well paid resilient careers and financial independence. During the month we will be sharing positive new stories and sharing educational stories and information to help mums bounce back. Whether it’s for yourself or to share with others sign up here to be kept informed.
“As COVID-19 continues to affect lives and livelihoods around the world, we can already see that the pandemic and its economic fallout are having a regressive effect on gender equality. By our calculation, women’s jobs are 1.8 times more vulnerable to this crisis than men’s jobs. Women make up 39 percent of global employment but account for 54 percent of overall job losses. One reason for this greater effect on women is that the virus is significantly increasing the burden of unpaid care, which is disproportionately carried by women. This, among other factors, means that women’s employment is dropping faster than average, even accounting for the fact that women and men work in different sectors.” Source: COVID-19 impact on women and gender equality | McKinsey
Why we care at Supermums
Supermums was founded on a mission to help mums secure a flexible well paid resilient career. The idea originated from our founder Heather Black when she personally experienced the trauma of losing a business and career when new economic and political changes were imposed beyond her control in 2011 which proved to be a turning point in her life. She had to find a way to bounce back and to launch a new career path.
This led Heather to completely change career and retrain as a Salesforce Consultant were she was earning £5k ($10k) a month working part time remotely. She felt that if she could do it then others could do to and she launched Supermums to spread the word in Nov 2016. Fastforward to now she has helped nearly 500 upskill and retrain across 9 different countries.
” I was just about to start a family, we wanted to move out of the city, I didn’t know anything about working in the tech space. I didn’t even know what a CRM was for many years until someone spent the time showing me but then my eyes were opened to a whole new world! I started using a CRM for my business and saw it’s value first hand to improve processes and repoorting. I decided I wanted to learn more and consider CRM consultancy as a career choice. Fast forward to now and i’ve got a financially rewarding career that gives me financial independence and stability as a single parent “
Helping mums bounce back with the most in-demand skills
The best way to tackle unemployment and foster financial independence is to support women to retrain in the most In-Demand Skills that employers are wanting right now aligned to where there are talent shortages. The technology industry is booming and the digital skills gap is accelerating. Salesforce alone estimate that they will create 9.3m jobs globally by 2026 and we need people urgently to fill these roles across EMEA, ANZ and USA.
LinkedIn highlights the following in-demand skills:
- Cloud computing – The cloud has been a game-changer for most big businesses. It’s enabled them to store and access data, run complex data-driven programs, and scale as needed. Cloud computing has become a necessary solution as business becomes increasingly virtual.
- Business analysis – Business analysis is the practice of identifying business needs, reviewing and improving business processes and determining solutions to business problems using new technology et al
- Emotional intelligence — or EQ — can be summed up as the ability to communicate effectively with others, putting yourself in their shoes, and understanding their struggles so that you can successfully connect with them.
- Marketing A.I. – Artificial intelligence, or AI, has a growing role to play in marketing efforts. Many of us are familiar with chatbots, those cute little icons that pop up on websites and can answer questions by text. Research shows that by 2025, approximately 95% of interactions between businesses and consumers will be done through AI channels.
- Analytics - Analytics is a broad term, referring to all the skills needed to collect data, analyse it, and make decisions based on that data. Analytical decision-making is the opposite of reactive decision-making. Instead of responding to impulses, analytical thinking responds to facts.
We want to help people understand the career opportunities
Salesforce CRM is the global no 1 Cloud Computing Solution. It is a great example of an eco-system that requires all of these in-demand skills. Working within the Salesforce sector you can choose to work in professional, functional and technical roles that support the delivery of a service. Find out more below
To work in the tech industry you:
- a background in tech
- to spend years getting trained up
- to work in a technical role, there are lots of supporter roles.
- A desire to learn
- Technology at home
- Business acumen
How can I learn more about a Salesforce Career?
Help spread the word by becoming an Ambassador
Become a Local Supermums Volunteer Ambassador for your Community and help to spread the word about the career opportunities available by sharing the links above or ramp up your involvement as an official ambassador and we will send you some SWAG!