10 Ways to Optimise Salesforce End-User Training
By Heather Black
Whether you are working as a solo Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce Consultant, you need to know how to lead a Salesforce Project.
Beyond Salesforce Technical Skills, the key professional skills you need to lead a project include Business Analysis, Agile Project Management and Change Management. We teach these skills on the Supermums Consultancy Skills Course, alongside equipping our students with the right knowledge, tools and templates to confidently lead a Salesforce project.
As part of our ‘How to Lead a Salesforce Project’ content series over the next 5 weeks, we are sharing some top tips from our Supermums Consultancy Skills Course. These include:
- 10 Documents to produce for a Salesforce Project
- How to Estimate Time & Budget for for a Salesforce Project
- How to Assess Risks on a Salesforce Project
- 5 Communication Tools to use on a Salesforce Project
- 10 ways to optimise your Salesforce End-User Training Strategy
This week we are talking about the 10 ways to optimise your Salesforce End User Training Strategy
Watch this quick video to get an overview on this topic from Heather Black, CEO of Supermums and lead instructor the consultancy skills course.
What’s covered? Here’s a summary:
- Explain the Why! – Explain why it is important to learn this to spark interest. Why is learning this important to the business, the team and to them personally. How is going to help them.
- Create Motivation – Ways to motivate people will depend on the culture of the organisation and also different personalities. For example you could paint the picture of the future with customer success stories, creategamification using trailhead and build people’s self-esteem through learning.
- Accommodate for different learning styles – Everyone has a preferred style of learning. Learning styles can include Audio, Audio Digital, Kinaesthetic, Visual. Deliver a blended training to cater for all.
- Visual Learners – These type of learners prefer videos, live training, demonstrations, case studies, pictures. They want to see the system in practice.
- Audio Digital Learners – These type of learners prefer manuals, reading, facts and figures. They want to know about the system. It’s credibility and see it in practice.
- Audio Learners – These type of learners prefer videos, audio, live training and discussions. They want to listen live and watch replays.
- Kinaesthetic Learner – These type of leaners prefer practical training, user testing scripts and sandbox training. They need to learn by doing.
- Use Native In-Situ Training Resources – Setting up training tools that are embedded in the system and easy to find think Trailhead Paths, My Trailhead, Learning Paths, In-App Guidance
- Consider third party in-situ training and adoption tools – For example Improved apps, Spekit, Walk-me, Whatfix, Skuid.
- Evaluation Success – The success of a training strategy is dependent on assessing whether the end-user adoption analytics are as expected? Ask for feedback on the training and host a follow up session for reflective learners in case they have any questions.
Empower yourself by signing up to our four-month Consultancy Skills Programme starting in May. The course equips you with Business Analysis, Agile Project Management, Change Management and Coaching Skills. Find out more here
How confident are you to lead a Salesforce project?
Benchmark your skill set with this FREE QUIZ
Get Confident to lead projects with our Salesforce Consultancy Skills Course
If you want to lead Projects confidently then find out more about our 12 week Consultancy Skills Course where you can build your career with an industry recognised certification, and get the skills, confidence and mindset of a Salesforce consultant.
- 3 month programme with 12 months access to materials.
- Group coaching, mentoring and one to one support.
- Receive full employability support.
- Available in EMEA, USA, Canada and ANZ.
- Payment plans available.
The next cohort starts on the 2nd May 2023. The deadline to enrol is the 23rd April.
Subscribe To Our Weekly Top Tip Bulletin
Get Updates And Learn From The Best
More To Explore
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Developer
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 3 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Developer and beyond
By Heather Black
February 19, 2024
Supermums Salesforce Mentor of the Year Award
We are delighted to celebrate the contribution and efforts of mentors by announcing the Supermums ‘Mentor of the Year 2024’ nominations and winner.
By Jennifer Wood
February 13, 2024
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Consultant
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 2 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Consultant and beyond
By Heather Black
February 12, 2024