Find out how to launch your Salesforce career in a new country
By Heather Black
Launching a career in a new country can be really daunting, especially if the language spoken is not your first language, but it is absolutely possible!
A Salesforce career gives you an international certification that you can use anywhere and work anywhere. Whatever your background and nationality, it is possible to learn Salesforce and to launch a career.
It can be empowering to try new things and at Supermums we know this story too well! We have helped over 1k+ people to pivot and launch their Salesforce career to earn more globally. Be inspired by these trainees who upskilled over 6 months to change careers. They share their top tips to help you, and show you that anything is possible.
Malik moved to the UK in 2020 at the height of the pandemic and wasn’t sure what career path he wanted to take. His Aunt suggested he learn something new, and make himself more marketable in an ever changing and unstable economic climate, and pointed him in the direction of Supermums as a starting point. He has now completed the Supermums Admin and Consultancy Skills courses, and is now Technical Consultant at Arcus Global.
Hindy is a mum of 5 from USA and living in Israel. When she first heard about Salesforce, she decided to self teach herself and got comfortable using Trailhead. She soon realised that she couldn’t do it all by herself and needed the help of a course and guided learning. What really drove her to chose Supermums was the work experience project, which is unique to us, and really helps you get that first job in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Sayidali came to the UK as a refugee from Somalia, and started working in IT. His employer adopted Salesforce and he decided to upskill as a Salesforce Admin with the help of Supermums. He is a dad of 8 children and completed the course alongside a hectic family life and a full-time job. He now works completely remotely as an IT Manager & Salesforce Consultant which allows him to balance his busy family life and work life.
Jill found herself living in Germany with two kids. She wanted to change jobs but was feeling a bit confused and lost as to what to do next.
“I was told about the Supermums Salesforce course and knew that I would feel good about myself if I signed up to something. I’ve never looked back. I am now a Salesforce Consultant for Cloud Consulting Group in Frankfurt. I found exactly the virtual, flexible part-time role I wanted that fits so well into my current lifestyle.”
Kully was living and working in Dubai with her husband and two daughters for 7 years. She worked for an oil & gas company and that’s where she was first introduced to the Salesforce system, and her interest grew from there. Kully retrained whilst living in Dubai but then moved back to the UK and landed a virtual Salesforce contract job with a non-profit in Germany.
“I work remotely from home every day, and it works wonders as I can work around the girls in terms of school drop-offs and pick-ups.”
Divya was a Science Teacher in the Caribbean for 4 years, and when she moved to the UK, she continued her career as a teacher. When she became pregnant, she felt she needed more flexibility.
“My husband worked for Salesforce and he always talked about the great culture that Salesforce has. I looked into Trailhead and saw there was so much to learn. I felt like I needed something that was more guided as it was all very overwhelming. When he told me about the Supermums course, I thought it was perfect for me with all the different elements that the course offers.”
What is a Salesforce Career?
In a Salesforce Career you could be earning on average £5k/ US $10 a month with great flexibility and progression routes. Join us for our 5 Day Challenge this week to learn more about what a career in Salesforce can offer you in terms of salary, flexibility, job roles and career trajectory.
Salesforce is the world’s #1 CRM. Salesforce is trusted by 150,000 customers global companies and 30,000 non-profits including 99% of Fortune 500 customers. These customers span a whole range of industries from health to retail to automotive and beyond.
A CRM is a Client Relationship Management Solution. It is used by teams to manage customer data and interactions within sales departments, call centres, marketing teams, service teams and more. It provides a company with a secure 360 degree view of all of the information, communications, sales and interactions with their partners, customers, suppliers and more. It also automates processes for teams such as sending emails or renewing contracts through intuitive AI features, reducing administration.
Developing a Salesforce Career can enable you to…
- Build a resilient career in the #1 CRM Solution where demand is high and talent is in short supply.
- Progress your career and double your salary to earn on average £5k/ US $10k a month.
- Work flexibly by working remotely in the cloud with Salesforce CRM.
- Work anywhere, anytime with an internationally-recognised certification.
- Earn more by transferring your existing skills into a new career.
Does it sound to good to be true? Well it’s absolutely possible, and it’s why we launched Supermums; to spread the word to parents about the great career opportunities!
Wondering if a Salesforce career path would suit you?
Take our free quiz to work out how to turn your parenting super power into a new career path to earn well, work with flexibility and love life! Find out which job role would suit you best!
Will it be a:
- Business Analyst
- Salesforce Administrator
- Project Manager
- Salesforce Consultant
- Account Executive
How do you launch your new career in six months?
At Supermums we train people to become Salesforce professionals, and one of the biggest reasons people join the Supermums Admin Training Course is that they want to be surrounded by people on the same journey as them. Many have tried and failed to relaunch their career independently, and they are looking for guidance, structure, accountability and peer support! At Supermums we give that to you. Here are some key recommendations for people launching their career in a new country.
- Have a timetable of work to follow – Divya says “The Supermums course was really important for me because I had no tech background and initially, I wondered how I was going to understand it all, but it was so well structured and guides you through everything. It was exactly what I needed.”
- Find yourself a mentor– At Supermums we match you with a mentor and where possible someone who speaks your first language who can meet with you weekly to discuss your homework. Erika says, “The mentor was one of the reasons I signed up to Supermums, otherwise I would have been scared to fail. My mentor was based in Sweden but was a French speaker like me. He was there every week for our call, and it was important for me because I built my homework around our discussions. The mentors instantly know what’s wrong and any steps you’ve missed.”
- Benefit from peer support by surrounding yourself with others on a journey with you – You don’t need to do the journey alone. At Supermums you are part of a training cohort. Malik says “Everyone during the course was welcoming and warm, and at no point did I feel isolated,. A bond developed within our group; we had a good team and the group chat was a great way for us to communicate.
- Get access to work experience to get your foot in the door. At Supermums we guarantee you work experience. Hindy says. “I wanted to see if I could do it myself, free of charge. I literally spent all of 2019 regretting that decision! I got really far on Trailhead but not with my Salesforce career goals, so I decided the Supermums course will definitely be worth the money, and it absolutely was. My expectations were exceeded every step of the way with the mentors, the work experience – just everything; it was absolutely the best decision I ever made. My work experience placement turned into my first paid role.”.
- Access the full package of support to relaunch your career – Silvia says, “In my opinion, the Supermums Admin course is very well structured with weekly deadlines, the support of a tutor, mentor work experience at the end of the course that gives you the opportunity to put into practice what you have learned, and also to build your new CV.”
- Reach out to local recruitment agencies – Supermums Recruitment helps our talent to secure job roles. Kully says “During the transition in my move back to England, I was in touch with the Supermums Recruitment team and they were absolutely phenomenal in searching for roles and letting me know if anything was available that they thought was particularly suited to my skill level. I got my first contract role within a few months of returning to the UK and I’m now on a new contract role through Supermums as well.”
- Invest in the right training to launch your career – Jill says, “I found my job soon after finishing the course. I was nervous as to whether I would be a convincing candidate, but I had my Admin certification and the Supermums course behind me, and together they made me more experienced than many other candidates out there; it gives you a huge advantage.”
How do I find out more about a Salesforce Career?
Take our 5 day career challenge to learn more about a Salesforce Career
Day 1: Learn more about the Salesforce Career options
Day 2: Understand the transferrable skills and experience
Day 3: Find out how to land a job when you relaunch your career
Day 4: Learn more about the Supermums Course
Day 5: Hear from our Supermums Alumni
Are you in?
Subscribe To Our Weekly Top Tip Bulletin
Get Updates And Learn From The Best
More To Explore
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Developer
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 3 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Developer and beyond
By Heather Black
February 19, 2024
Supermums Salesforce Mentor of the Year Award
We are delighted to celebrate the contribution and efforts of mentors by announcing the Supermums ‘Mentor of the Year 2024’ nominations and winner.
By Jennifer Wood
February 13, 2024
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Consultant
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 2 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Consultant and beyond
By Heather Black
February 12, 2024