Our mission is to help mums achieve well paid roles in the salesforce sector. Heather Black, the CEO of Supermums upskilled from a Salesforce Admin to become a Consultant, and here are her 5 thoughts on how women can increase their salary by £5-10k* PA in just 2 months through learning Salesforce Consultancy Skills
By Consultancy Skills we refer to Business Analysis, Agile Project Management, Change Management, Coaching Skills and CRM Design Skills.
With these skills you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate you’re financial and tangible value to client/employer as have the tools to readily investigate, identify and articulate the impact you intend to have on improving the performance of their organisation. Eg they will spend £xx on your role but you will help them save or make £xx as a result. Articulate your financial measures of success.
2. Pitch yourself authentically as a consultant rather than just a Salesforce Admin for which you can command a higher salary and credibility. The admin terminology is frustrating as companies sometimes align this type of function to a lower skilled ‘administrator role’ and this shouldn’t be the case. Your role is pivotal to the business and you should be seen as senior resource who is responsible for ‘transforming’ the performance of the business. Educate them about your responsibilities and capabilities as they might not understand the value you can bring. If they can’t increase your salary initially, agree a deal to measure and demonstrate your value within in six months and review your salary accordingly.
3. Feel more confident asking for a higher salary as you will feel credible for having the relevant skills and no long suffer from imposter syndrome. One of the reasons we suffer from a gender pay gap is that women don’t shout loud enough about their value and skills. Be confident asking for the salary that matches your skills and experience. The latter being important here too as you can increase your salary as your experience increases.
4. Charge a higher wage for the raft of skills you have attained and can apply to your role. I guarantee that your CV will look better than those who have just secured salesforce Certs. On the Supermums Consultancy Programme we will give you a certification if you have completed the programme successfully. Once you start applying these skills and start earning more, then you can afford to pay for further training and work towards the full certifications. The principles taught on our programme are based on the following certified courses – BCS Business Analysis Diploma, APMG Agile Change Management, and APMG Change Management. Once you have got some good practical experience under your belt we would recommend taking these courses as your next step.
5. Demonstrate professionalism which people will pay for. By having these skills you can showcase industry recognised tools and frameworks and how they apply to your role and activities using professional presentations and documented templates throughout your stages of engagement with an organisation – from your first interview to your senior level presentations to facilitated workshops. Refine and practice your pitch. It’s the reason we focus the Consultancy Programme assessments on pitching your knowledge. We want you to internalise and understand the information you have learnt and be able to present and articulate it back to the client coherently. You have got this!
Get started on your pay-rise
If you want to increase your salary by at least £5-10k* PA in the next 2 months by investing £1200 in a course today, then find out more about our Supermums Consultancy Course today led by Heather Black and sponsored by Dyson.
We can’t wait to help you secure a higher salary and to see your success.
*depends on your depth of salesforce experience.