Audience Segmentation Made Easy
Audience Segmentation made easy with DESelect
Have you looked at any Marketing Cloud roles recently only to find that they are looking for advanced SQL knowledge and coding is not really your thing?
Marketing automation is all about getting the right message to the right user at the right time – which is what makes advanced audience segmentation so important.
There are a few methods of targeting the perfect audience, including data filters and filtered data extensions, but the only way to get some of that juicy subscriber data, email data such as click throughs, open rates & send times and system data is through using SQL to query the data view tables. It gets code-y (pardon the Trailhead character pun) very fast.
This is where third-party applications such as DESelect empower Marketing Cloud specialists to access all of that great data to create the perfect audience and save time in the process.
Certified Instructor and Marketing Champion, Vicki Moritz-Henry, joined DESelect for a demo and is here to share her key take-aways:
How can DESelect help?
Not every organisation will have the technical resource in-house or the budget to hire outside technical resource to write complex SQL queries. Even in our Supermums Marketing Cloud course we will give you the basics, but nobody will expect you to walk into your first job as an expert. This is where having familiarity with a tool such as DESelect can make all the difference.
DESelect harnesses the power of the SQL query all within a friendly, point-and-click interface. You can save an estimated 52% of time on customer data management and launch your marketing campaigns 23% faster. That is a huge impact!
We sat down with Alina from DESelect to run through a demo of the product and were blown away by its capabilities:
- Access your data view tables, data extensions and data from external sources all from within the DESelect app.
- The drag-and-drop functionality allows you to set your filter criteria the create either simple or complex audience targeting.
- View a sampling of the data before deciding to run now or schedule for a future run.
- Easily pull this segmented audience into Automation Studio to free up your time by having the query run on a regularly scheduled basis.
- New functionality called ‘waterfall segmentation’ gives you even more power to avoid SQL limitations and run cascading audience segmentation based off previously created audiences.
Ever wondered how small marketing teams of a handful of individuals or even just solo marketeers can run such powerful marketing campaigns? It’s having tools such as this.
Find out more about our Marketing Cloud course to learn more about how you launch a career in marketing automation.
Request a demo from DESelect to add to your Marketing Cloud toolkit.
Subscribe To Our Newsflash
Get Updates And Learn From The Best