How to achieve your Salesforce career goals 2024
By Heather Black
Do you want to know how to find your motivation to accelerate your Salesforce career in 2024? Throughout January we’re sharing a series of blogs that will help you get motivated to have a fabulous year because you consciously made it happen!
We are going to be looking at the following areas with reflections from the Supermums community:
- How to motivate yourself to take action in 2024
- How to overcome obstacles in 2024
- How to boost your confidence in 2024
- How to achieve your Salesforce career goals in 2024
In Part 4 we focus on how you can achieve your Salesforce career ambitions. One way to advance your career to build your confidence, land a job, or get a promotion to really carve out your niche in the Salesforce arena.
The first step is to understand what you are passionate about and what makes you shine when you talk about it.
What could your Salesforce niche be in?
- Industry Related – Salesforce focuses on selling its products into certain industry verticals. Do you have relevant experience and a passion for working in certain industries and would you like to focus on this niche?
- Product Related – Do you have a passion for a certain Salesforce product that you want to become an expert in? Do you want to immerse yourself in the product and all of the third-party extensions be it Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ, MuleSoft and beyond?
- Skill Related – Do you have a passion for Admin, Automation, Business Analysis, Project Management, DevOps, Training, Coding, or Architecture for example and do you want to become a champion for one of these skills and share your top tips?
- Mission Related – Do you have a passion for championing and support certain members of the community that similar backgrounds for example equality groups, locality, or industry customers, just like I did by launching Supermums.
Once you’ve identified your Salesforce niche, then you want to build your confidence in this area to feel like you have the authority to shine and speak. Seek Feedback from people you have worked with and start asking for LinkedIn Testimonials, so they are publicly available for people to see. Appreciate and accept the great feedback, so you get to boost your confidence and believe in yourself.
How to build your confidence and gain traction in your Salesforce niche.
- Complete any relevant certifications that back up your expertise.
- Start to document your winning formula, strategy or tips that would share with others.
- Mentor others who are learning this area
- Start to present on this topic within Internal Meetings or Training Sessions
- Share some of your top tips on social media and see people’s reactions.
Once you feel comfortable and believe that you have something to share with others, it’s time to step it up. Put together a one-page profile that summarises your speak topics, your background, testimonials and your credentials and use this to leverage new opportunities.
Here is how to amplify your Personal Brand in the Salesforce arena:
- You could apply for a role or ask to become the internal specialist or Head of Department in your niche.
- Put yourself forward to speak at user group events.
- Offer to co-host a user group.
- Submit speaker sessions for Salesforce Community Events
- Write articles to submit them to existing blogs.
- Start your own blog and write regularly.
- Put yourself forward as a guest speaker on a Podcasts.
- Start your own podcast show.
- Launch a You Tube Tutorial Channel and create You Tube Tutorials.
Find the medium that works for you and the one you are most comfortable working with in. Seek training on how to present or how do optimise a blog or YouTube channel if you decide to launch a medium on your own. It’s time to step out of your comfort zone but you don’t have to do it alone. Make sure you are surrounded by experts who can help you on your way.
Most importantly, you want to enjoy it and to shine. So focus on your Zone of Genius and be a Super Salesforce Professional!
I want to know what you specialise in! Be sure to tell me how you are getting on, what you are doing and look me look on Linked In so we can celebrate your success!
I can’t wait to see what you achieve, so go blaze your trail!
At Supermums we deliver a range of Salesforce courses that provide structure, quality and level of accountability which generates the motivation. Our training has received an average score of 4.7 out of 5, by 1k+ trainees.
Find out more about our training courses today and get started in January.
Subscribe To Our Weekly Top Tip Bulletin
Get Updates And Learn From The Best
More To Explore
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Developer
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 3 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Developer and beyond
By Heather Black
February 19, 2024
Supermums Salesforce Mentor of the Year Award
We are delighted to celebrate the contribution and efforts of mentors by announcing the Supermums ‘Mentor of the Year 2024’ nominations and winner.
By Jennifer Wood
February 13, 2024
How to progress from a Salesforce Administrator to a Salesforce Consultant
How do you progress from a Salesforce Administrator? With so many career paths available, we’ll show you the next steps and how to plan your journey for success, and to boost your earnings. Week 2 is all about Salesforce Admin to a Salesforce Consultant and beyond
By Heather Black
February 12, 2024